South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 24 May 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind south 15 to 20 knots veering to southwest 25 this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 15 near midnight. Wind veering to northeast 15 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5615W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5325W to 5330N 5145W to 5650N 5730W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5259W to 4315N 4945W to 4400N 4545W to 4615N 3930W to 4715N
3930W to 5130N 4400W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5046N 5919W to Newfoundland near 4946N 5748W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 24 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 996 mb located south of Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 998 mb located northeast of the
East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Lake Melville.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NDT 24 May 2016 A low pressure system south of Ungava Bay will track across the
northern part of the marine district this afternoon and tonight.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop behind this low,
and will diminish as the low dissipates over the coast of Greenland
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: