South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 04 March 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind south 15 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to northwest 20 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 30 Thursday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 12.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4735N 4700W
to 5110N 4805W to 5505N 5215W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 4 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5308W to 4715N 4700W to 5000N 4600W to 5100N 4600W to 5200N
4645W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 04 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 4 March 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing low 961 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Thursday intensifying trough located on a line
east-west over the northern South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM NST 4 March 2015 A trough of low pressure will develop over the Central Labrador Sea
early Thursday and slowly drift southward through the day. Strong to
gale force northwesterly winds will develop over the Labrador Sea
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: