South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this afternoon then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 overnight.
A few flurries ending this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this afternoon. Occasional freezing spray beginning overnight.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4650N
4510W to 4900N 4500W to 5130N 4830W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4700N 4215W to 5015N
4300W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 994 mb located over western Hudson
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 990 mb located over the Northwest
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday ridge located on a line east-west over
Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing trough located southeast of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM NDT 28 March 2015 An area of low pressure over western portions of the Hudson Strait
will move eastward today to lie over the Northwest Labrador Sea
tonight. As this low intensifies over the Northwest Labrador Sea
Sunday strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop over the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea - northern half, Northwest Labrador Sea and East
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: