South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 02 April 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind light increasing to northwest 10 to 15 knots this morning and to northwest 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 20 overnight. Wind diminishing to light Friday afternoon then becoming southeast 15 Friday evening.
Flurries ending Friday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 3 rising to minus 2 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4855N 4450W to 4935N 4650W to 5550N 5235W to 5630N 5555W to
5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4200W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 2 April 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 984 mb located northeast of the Avalon
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 986 mb located southeast of Labrador
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today weakening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located over the South
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NDT 2 April 2015 An area of low pressure east of Newfoundland will track northeastward
today to lie southeast of the Labrador Sea by tonight. Strong to gale
force northeasterly winds will develop this afternoon over eastern
waters north of this feature. Winds will shift to strong
northwesterlies Friday morning as the low moves away from the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast and Northwest
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: