South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 07 May 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind light increasing to north 10 to 15 knots near noon and to northwest 25 to 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to north 20 Friday morning and to north 15 Friday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Chance of flurries changing to periods of snow this evening then to chance of showers overnight and Friday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4830N 5100W to
5300N 5300W to 5330N 5130W to 5500N 5200W to 5700N 5730W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4545N 5415W to 4145N 5030W to 4144N 4845W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 7 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 996 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 1006 mb located northwest of the Marine
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 995 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday low located over northern Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NDT 7 May 2015 An intense low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
move to lie northwest of the marine district this afternoon.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low will diminish
as the low moves away and weakens.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
The East Labrador Sea - northern half. A freezing spray warning is
In effect for the North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northeastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: