South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 29 March 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray ending near noon Monday.
Temperatures minus 15 to minus 7 rising to minus 2 near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5215N 4835W to 5310N 5105W to
5435N 5145W to 5550N 5545W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4830W to 4430N 4730W to 4645N 4145W to 4945N
4215W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NDT 29 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 29 March 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 983 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday departing low 979 mb located southeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM NDT 29 March 2015 A low pressure system just east of the Labrador will continue to
track eastwards tonight to lie southeast of Greenland Monday morning.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies over the Labrador Sea in the
wake of this feature will diminish overnight as the system moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea - northern half, Northwest Labrador Sea and East
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast, the South Labrador Sea, the
Northwest Labrador Sea and the East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: