South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 16 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots this afternoon then backing to northeast 15 Thursday evening.
Showers beginning late overnight. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 16 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5259W to 4715N 5100W to 5100N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 5300N
4900W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5720W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 16 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: