South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 22 February 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 20 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight then backing to west 25 near noon Thursday.
Flurries beginning Thursday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4755N 5305W to 4740N 5000W
to 4830N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
including a trace of old ice in the northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5247W to 4530N 4800W to 4530N 4500W to 4700N 4500W to 5030N
4600W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5111N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5726W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over central Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 994 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 996 mb located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:06 AM NST 22 February 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: