South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 20 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind north 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then becoming southeast 15 Tuesday evening.
Temperatures minus 8 to zero rising to plus 2 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4840N 5300W to 4620N 4640W to 4745N 4515W to
4825N 4740W to 5500N 5300W to 5600N 5630W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
4 tenths of first-year ice except 8 tenths of first-year ice
including a trace of old ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3615W to 4700N
3615W to 5000N 3745W to 5130N 3845W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 20 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over eastern Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM NDT 20 April 2015 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: