South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 21 October 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 15 this afternoon then diminishing to light late overnight. Wind increasing to northeast 20 Saturday evening.
Showers beginning this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 July 2016
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 October 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5545W to 5230N 5230W to 5400N 5300W to 5800N 5700W to
6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 21 October 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line east-west over
the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NDT 21 October 2016 A quasi-stationary trough of low pressure along the Southwest Coast
of Greenland will maintain gale force northwesterlies over the East
Labrador Sea today. Winds will start to diminish tonight as the
trough begins to weaken.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: