South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots near noon then backing to east 25 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight except variable 10 to 15 over northern sections Thursday afternoon and evening.
Rain beginning near noon and ending late overnight. Fog patches forming this evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain and 1 mile or less in fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N
5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5033N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5817W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday departing ridge located north of the
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
northern Belle Isle Bank.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 1007 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM NDT 23 August 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: