South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 24 March 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to northwest 25 Saturday morning.
Flurries beginning after midnight and ending near noon Saturday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4715N 4735W
to 4745N 4615W to 5500N 5200W to 5545N 5500W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5304W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4600W to 4715N 4200W to 4945N
4200W to 5130N 4630W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 24 March 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 989 mb located over Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 992 mb located over the Northwest
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough from 989 mb low located over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough from 992 mb low located over the
East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday departing ridge located east of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM NDT 24 March 2017 A trough of low pressure will sweep across the Labrador Sea tonight
ahead of a low pressure system approaching from Ungava Bay. Strong to
gale force westerlies are expected with the passage of the trough.
Gale to storm force northwesterlies will develop over the North
Labrador Coast near midnight behind the low as it tracks into the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
the North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek. Gale warnings are in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale, North Labrador
Coast - Saglek and south, South Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: