Issued 08:00 PM NDT 17 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to southwest 15 late overnight then increasing to west 25 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers and fog patches beginning near midnight changing to flurries Saturday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and in flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 April 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4840N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 4700N 4600W to
4830N 4530W to 4930N 4800W to 5100N 4830W to 5500N 5300W to 5600N
5630W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3700W to 4700N
3700W to 5000N 3800W to 5130N 3900W to 6000N 5600W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 17 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday departing ridge located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 999 mb located south of Labrador.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday low 998 mb located northeast of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:54 PM NDT 17 April 2015 Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Strait of Belle Isle and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: