Issued 03:30 PM NDT 23 June 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots backing to south 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon then increasing to south 25 Saturday evening.
Showers beginning Saturday afternoon. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 June 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5035N 5610W to 5030N
5335W to 4930N 5130W to Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5225N 5535W to 5240N
5310W to 5800N 5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 June 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4654N 5557W to 4430N 5545W to 4430N 5100W to 4515N 4630W to 4645N
4330W to 4800N 4330W to 5300N 4830W to 5700N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6255W to Anticosti Island near 4938N 6256W then from Anticosti
Island near 4904N 6214W to 4854N 6214W to Newfoundland near 4812N
Strait of Belle Isle
Belle Isle Bank
South Labrador Coast
South Labrador Sea
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 23 June 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
northern Funk Island Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Saturday dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line north-south
over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over northeastern Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: