Issued 03:30 PM NST 23 January 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late overnight and to light Tuesday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray tonight.
Temperatures minus 5 rising to zero Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5055N 5145W
to 5135N 5005W to 5520N 5150W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5615W to 4900N 5100W to 4900N 4830W to 5200N 4830W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5300W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from Quebec near
5125N 5734W to Newfoundland near 5100N 5659W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 23 January 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary low 965 mb located southeast
At 3:30 p.m. NST today ridge located from Quebec to the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Tuesday ridge located from Quebec to the Grand
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM NST 23 January 2017 An intense low pressure system will remain southeast of Greenland
while a ridge of high pressure slowly builds in from the southwest.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies will persist over
northeasternmost waters through the forecast period between these
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, East Coast, Northeast
Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: