Issued 03:30 PM NDT 01 September 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of rain and fog patches ending this evening. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 September 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5553W to 5115N 5000W to 5230N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5036N 5723W to Quebec near 5116N 5809W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 1 September 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 998 mb located over the South Coast
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday low 998 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:28 PM NDT 1 September 2015 A low pressure system currently located over the South Coast of
Newfoundland will move slowly eastward to lie over the Northern Grand
Banks by Wednesday morning. Strong southerly winds ahead of the low
will shift to strong to gale force northerlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port, Southwest
Coast, Northeast Coast and Belle Isle Bank - western half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: