Sable - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 18 January 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northeast 15 knots veering to east 15 to 20 early this evening.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 4 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4655N 6045W to 4610N 6150W
to 4750N 6055W to 4720N 6330W to 4905N 6340W to 4840N 6150W to 5015N
5800W to 4830N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5905W. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5030N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5700N
5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from Labrador to New Brunswick
then to East Scotian Slope.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located over Newfoundland extending
At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 1010 mb located southwest of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1002 mb located south of Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:41 AM AST 18 January 2017 A ridge of high pressure over the Maritimes will slowly push eastward
today. Strong to gale force northerlies ahead of the ridge will
diminish in its vicinity. A deepening low will approach from the
Eastern Seaboard to lie south of Georges Bank this evening. The low
will then track slowly eastward. This will give strong to gale force
easterlies to southwestern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank-southern half, West Scotian Slope-southern half and
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: