Issued 03:00 AM AST 06 March 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 10 to 15 near noon then to southwest 10 to 15 this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 20 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries ending early this morning. Chance of flurries overnight and Saturday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending near noon.
Temperatures minus 9 rising to minus 2 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 5 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5307W to 4715N 4700W to 5000N 4545W to 5100N 4545W to 5200N
4645W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
SableIssued 03:00 AM AST 06 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 5:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
the southern Marine District.
At 8:00 a.m. AST Saturday departing ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM AST 6 March 2015 Strong northwest winds over some eastern waters will gradually
diminish today ahead of an approaching ridge of high pressure.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore..Sable..
Fourchu..Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: