Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 19 December 2014
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwesterly 20 to 25 knots veering to north 25 to 30 this evening then diminishing to northeast 20 late overnight. Wind becoming northeast 15 to 20 Saturday morning then diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries or showers changing to a few flurries near noon and ending Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4605N 6345W to Prince Edward Island near 4615N 6340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4630N 6320W to 4810N 6420W to Quebec near 4800N 6520W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4900N 6700W to 4930N 6700W to 5010N 6540W to Anticosti Island near 4930N 6340W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Anticosti Island near 4910N 6140W to 5000N 6000W to Quebec near 5125N 5740W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths of new ice on parts of the shores.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 19 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough from 989 mb low located from
Newfoundland to Browns Bank.
By midnight AST tonight trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 a.m. AST Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM AST 19 December 2014
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: