Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 04 March 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots veering to southerly 15 to 20 near noon then to west 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to west 20 to 25 this evening then veering to northwest 25 to 30 Thursday morning.
Snow ending near noon. A few flurries beginning early Thursday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 8 rising to minus 2 this evening then falling to minus 18 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Ice pressure warning ended
Northumberland StraitIssued 10:00 AM EST 04 March 2015
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located over the central Marine
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located east of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM AST 4 March 2015 A trough extending from a low pressure system over Northern Quebec
will move across maritime waters today. Strong to gale force
southerlies ahead of the trough veer to strong westerlies in its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Waters except Fundy..Grand Manan..Lurcher..Browns Bank..
Northumberland Strait western half..Gulf-Magdalen western half and
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore..Fourchu..
Northern half of Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: