Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 25 March 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 25 late this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
A few flurries ending Sunday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Sunday morning.
Temperatures minus 5 falling to minus 10 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 March 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6005W to 4510N 5930W
to 4610N 5825W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
3 tenths of first-year ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice along
Prince Edward Island coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 3:30 PM ADT 25 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 25 March 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from Newfoundland to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located east of the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday ridge located from Quebec to New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located over the southwestern Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:19 PM ADT 25 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow will give freezing spray to northern and
eastern waters tonight and Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: