Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 April 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind light becoming variable 10 to 15 knots this evening then diminishing to light Monday morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Chance of flurries today and tonight.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 April 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6100W to 4440N 5755W
to 4510N 5700W to 4645N 5655W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland near
4720N 5515W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except consolidated first-year ice in bays and on parts
of the shores.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 April 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today deepening low 1011 mb located over West
By 3:00 p.m. ADT today departing low 1002 mb located south of
At 9:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located over the central Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM ADT 19 April 2015 A low pressure centre over West Scotian Slope will deepen as it moves
to lie just south of Laurentian Fan this afternoon. Strong to gale
force northerly winds are expected north of the low over the slope
waters this morning.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank..West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Outlook for the start up of the eastern shore lobster fishery.
Today..Winds northeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to 10 to 15 near
noon and to light this afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 metres diminishing to
zero to 1 in the evening.
Monday..Winds light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots in the
evening. Seas zero to 1 metres.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: