Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 27 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 30 knots with gusts to 35 diminishing to northeast 20 to 25 this evening then increasing to north 35 Tuesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to northeast 25 to 30 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain and snow ending early this evening. Snow and rain beginning early Tuesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4605N 5820W
to 4725N 5800W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Open water except consolidated first-year ice in bays and on parts
of the shores.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 27 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 27 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 995 mb located over southwestern
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 995 mb located near West Scotian Slope.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 987 mb located over southeastern
By 3:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 990 mb located over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 PM ADT 27 April 2015 A low pressure system over Southwestern Nova Scotia will track
southward toward the slope waters tonight. Strong northeasterly winds
north of this disturbance will increase to gale force over portions
of Northumberland Strait and Gulf of St. Lawrence waters on Tuesday
as a second low moves in from Newfoundland. Gale force winds are also
possible over Fundy Grand Manan and Lurcher early Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northumberland Strait - western half..Gulf Magdalen - northern half..
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: