Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 26 March 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind increasing to north 20 Friday evening.
Chance of showers changing to periods of rain and fog patches early this evening then to chance of flurries Friday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures plus 3 falling to minus 2 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4440N 6250W to 4350N
6050W to 4435N 5730W to 4725N 5740W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
4505N 6525W to 4425N 6620W Nova Scotia near 4415N 6605W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 26 March 2015 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over New England.
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located from Georges Bank to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM ADT 26 March 2015 A trough of low pressure will approach the marine waters from the
west this evening. The trough will slowly move through the western
half of the district on Friday to eventually lie on a line from
Georges Bank to Banquereau by Friday evening. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies ahead of the trough shift to moderate to strong
northerlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher..Browns Bank..Georges Bank..Southwestern shore..LaHave Bank..
West Scotian Slope..Sable..East Scotian Slope..Banquereau - southern
half and Laurentian Fan. A freezing spray warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: