Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 27 March 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind easterly 15 knots.
A few flurries tonight Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4505N 6020W
to 4505N 5915W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
1 tenth of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
along the Nova Scotia coast and Cape Breton Island coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 March 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from Anticosti Island to
East Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday weakening ridge located from Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1015 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1015 mb located over East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM ADT 27 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow will give freezing spray to eastern waters
Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Banquereau.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: