Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 12 February 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 20 to 25 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 near midnight and to light late overnight. Wind increasing to northeast 15 late Saturday morning and to northeast 25 to 30 Saturday afternoon.
A few flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending overnight. Freezing spray beginning Saturday afternoon.
Low tonight minus 12. High Saturday minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5920W to 4805N 5940W
to 4945N 5815W to 4815N 6300W to 4740N 6305W to 4750N 6110W to 4655N
6000W to Nova Scotia near 4615N 5955W. Sea ice north and west of the
Open water except 9 tenths of grey ice including 2 tenths of
grey-white ice west of Cape Bear.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - eastern halfIssued 8:00 PM AST 12 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 12 February 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 5:00 a.m. AST Saturday departing ridge located from the Gulf
of St. Lawrence to the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday intensifying low 991 mb located south
of East Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Saturday low 982 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:44 PM AST 12 February 2016 A ridge of high pressure will quickly pass over the Maritimes
tonight. On Saturday a low south of the marine district will track
through eastern waters to lie over Newfoundland by evening.
Gale force easterlies north of the track of the low become storm
force southerly to the south of it.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect for Georges Bank..
Southwestern shore..LaHave Bank..West Scotian Slope..Eastern shore..
Fourchu..Sable..East Scotian Slope and Banquereau. Marine interests
are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Eastern shore..Fourchu..Cabot Strait..Banquereau northwestern half..
Northumberland Strait-eastern half..Gulf-Magdalen..And Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: