Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 29 January 2015
Tonight and Friday
Temperatures near minus 3.
Issued 03:30 PM AST 29 January 2015
Saturday Wind easterly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to variable 20 late in the day.
Sunday Wind westerly 35 knots.
Monday Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late in the day.
Issued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday 2 tenths of grey-white ice except 9 plus tenths of grey-white ice along the coast of Nova Scotia.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4500N 6510W to New Brunswick near 4530N 6510W. Sea ice east of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4700N 6025W to 4720N 6030W to 4830N 6220W to 4900N 6130W to 4930N 6130W to 4930N 6000W to 5030N 5740W to Newfoundland near 4840N 5900W. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4830N 5900W. Sea ice east of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W Newfoundland near 4730N 5650W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
2 tenths of grey-white ice except 9 plus tenths of grey-white ice along the coast of Nova Scotia.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 29 January 2015 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday ridge located over the eastern Marine
At 8:00 a.m. AST Friday low 1007 mb located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday low 998 mb located near Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM AST 29 January 2015 Moderate to strong west to northwesterly winds across the district
will gradually diminish today as an area of high pressure builds over
the Maritimes. Freezing spray will continue over eastern sections of
the Gulf of St. Lawrence until noon.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait - eastern half and Gulf-Magdalen.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: