Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 22 February 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to south 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to south 20 to 25 Thursday evening.
Showers beginning Thursday evening.
Low tonight minus 4. High Thursday plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5950W to 4635N
5925W to 4815N 6105W to 5000N 5820W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
5 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice
except 9 tenths of first-year ice in southern section of the strait.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 22 February 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 994 mb located south of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday low 990 mb located over the southeastern
At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south
At 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday approaching low 994 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM AST 22 February 2017 A low pressure system south of the Grand Banks will move to lie over
the Southeastern Grand Banks late Wednesday night. Meanwhile a ridge
of high pressure over Nova Scotia will slowly move eastward today.
Strong to gale force winds are forecast over southern waters today
between these two features. Elsewhere winds will diminish in the
vicinity of the ridge.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: