Issued 03:00 AM ADT 29 April 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon and to northwest 25 to 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to north 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon and to variable 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Showers ending early this morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Showers late this afternoon and this evening. Fog patches dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4700N 6035W to 4745N 6130W
to 4710N 6340W to 4900N 6355W to 4925N 6545W to 4910N 6705W to 4950N
6645W to 4955N 6525W to 4855N 6230W to Newfoundland near 4905N
5825W. Sea ice north and south of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 29 April 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 29 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located north of the St. Lawrence
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located over the eastern Marine
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:48 AM ADT 29 April 2017 An approaching trough from Quebec will track eastward to lie over the
central marine district by Saturday evening. Strong southwesterly
winds ahead of the trough will switch to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake for eastern waters on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: