Issued 10:00 AM AST 02 March 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots early this afternoon and to northwest 25 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 25 to 35 this evening then becoming west 25 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon.
Snow changing to a few flurries early this evening and ending early Tuesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
High today minus 5. Low tonight minus 19. High Tuesday minus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 2 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 10:00 AM AST 02 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Northumberland StraitIssued 10:00 AM EST 02 March 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 2 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 1008 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 980 mb located over
At 8:00 a.m. AST Tuesday ridge located from Quebec to the East
Coast of the U.S.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:48 AM AST 2 March 2015 A low pressure system will intensify as it tracks across the marine
district today. Strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the low
will shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
The northwesterly winds will reach storm force over northeastern
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Banquereau..Cabot Strait..Gulf-Magdalen..And Anticosti. Gale warnings
are in effect for all remaining waters.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..
Lurcher..Browns Bank..Southwestern shore..LaHave Bank..Eastern
Shore..Sable..Fourchu..Banquereau..Laurentian Fan and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: