Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
Issued 08:00 PM NST 18 December 2014
Tonight and Friday
Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots increasing to northeast 30 Friday morning.
Rain or snow changing to snow Friday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 3.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 December 2014 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4605N 6345W to Prince Edward Island near 4615N 6340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4630N 6320W to 4810N 6420W to Quebec near 4800N 6520W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4900N 6700W to 4930N 6700W to 5010N 6540W to Anticosti Island near 4930N 6340W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Anticosti Island near 4955N 6400W to 5000N 6000W to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths of new ice on parts of the north shore.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 December 2014
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast near 5330N 5605W to 5330N 5230W to 5600N 5230W to 6000N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 18 December 2014 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 992 mb located near Prince Edward
By 8:00 p.m. NST Friday low 990 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. NST Friday trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:57 PM NST 18 December 2014 A low pressure system near Prince Edward Island will track
northeastward across Eastern Newfoundland on Friday morning. Strong
to gale force southwesterlies south of the low will shift to strong
to gale force northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except the Northeast Gulf, Gulf-Port au Port, Southwest Coast
- west of Ramea, the Northern Grand Banks, and the Southeastern Grand
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: