Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
Issued 10:00 AM NST 05 March 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind west 20 knots increasing to west 30 this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 20 late overnight.
Flurries ending late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 5 falling to minus 20 to minus 16 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of grey-white ice including 2 tenths of first-year
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 5 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5307W to 4715N 4700W to 5000N 4545W to 5100N 4545W to 5200N
4645W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs east of the
western iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast GulfIssued 10:00 AM NST 05 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 5 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 972 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing low 952 mb located southeast
At 10:00 a.m. NST today trough located over central Labrador Sea.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Friday trough located over southern Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:59 AM NST 5 March 2015 An intense low pressure system located east of the Belle Isle Bank
will continue to track northeastward to lie southeast of Greenland
this evening. Strong to gale force west to northwesterlies will
gradually diminish today as the low moves away.
Meanwhile, a developing trough of low pressure over the Central
Labrador Sea will gradually drift southeastward across the South
Labrador Sea through the forecast period. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over northern waters will develop as this feature
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except the Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, East Coast
and the Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: