Issued 03:00 AM NDT 05 May 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 25 early this morning with gusts to 35 along the Newfoundland coast. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 early this evening then backing to west 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Rain and fog patches today. A few flurries or showers tonight. A few flurries or showers beginning Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Temperatures zero to plus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4630N 5830W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
1 tenth of first-year ice except 8 tenths of first-year ice
including a trace of old ice over northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5444W to 4530N 5400W to 4200N 5015W to 4200N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs east of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1000 mb located over Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 984 mb located over Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 1000 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the western Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough from 984 mb low located on a
line north-south over the eastern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located southeast of the
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: