Issued 03:30 PM NDT 29 March 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind west 10 to 15 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening then increasing to southwest 25 Monday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray beginning this evening and ending Monday morning.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 3 rising to minus 1 near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6105W to 4410N
6000W to 4415N 5715W to 4725N 5720W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
Nova Scotia near 4500N 6505W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4830W to 4430N 4730W to 4645N 4145W to 4945N
4215W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast GulfIssued 3:30 PM NDT 29 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 29 March 2015 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 990 mb located east of Funk
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough from 990 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Funk Island Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the northern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday building ridge located on a line east-west
over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:28 PM NDT 29 March 2015 A trough of low pressure over the Southern Funk Island Bank will exit
the marine district this evening. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies southeast of this feature will diminish this evening
as the trough moves off.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, Northern Grand Banks -
southeastern half and the Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port,
Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: