Issued 10:00 AM NDT 25 May 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 near noon then increasing to east 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Temperatures zero to plus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5040N 5920W to Newfoundland near
5000N 5745W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5637W to 4415N 5600W to 4300N 5015W to 4300N 4800W to 4500N
4445W to 4600N 4445W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 6259W to Anticosti Island near 4943N 6300W and then from
Anticosti Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6145W to Newfoundland
near 4736N 5913W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 25 May 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 1005 mb located over the northern
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 1003 mb located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today high located over Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday high located over eastern Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching low located over the Gulf
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: