Issued 03:00 AM NDT 01 May 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this morning then becoming variable 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind becoming east 15 Tuesday afternoon then increasing to southeast 25 Tuesday evening with gusts to 35 along the Newfoundland coast.
Snow beginning near noon Tuesday changing to rain Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero rising to plus 1 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4640N 6445W to 4820N
6350W to 4855N 6350W to 4925N 6510W to 5005N 6535W to 5000N 6300W to
Newfoundland near 4905N 5825W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Bergy water except 7 tenths of first-year ice over the northern
section. 9 plus tenths of consolidated first-year ice along parts of
the Quebec coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5630W to 4245N 5500W to 4215N 4900W to 4600N
4415W to 5000N 4545W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6314W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5916W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 1 May 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located east of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday approaching low 988 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM NDT 1 May 2017 A trough of low pressure east of the district will slowly move
southwards today and tonight. Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure
will move to lie over Newfoundland early Tuesday morning. Strong to
gale force northwesterlies will persist over eastern waters between
these two features into Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis, Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island
Bank, Northern Grand Banks, and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Strait of Belle Isle, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: