Issued 03:30 PM NDT 28 May 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind southwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 along the Newfoundland coast. Wind becoming north 20 to 25 this evening then diminishing to north 15 early Friday morning. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Showers and fog banks ending late overnight. Risk of thunderstorms this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4100N 5130W to 4100N 5000W to 4600N 3730W to 4715N
3730W to 5515N 4800W to 6000N 5830W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 28 May 2015 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Friday departing trough located on a line east-west
over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM NDT 28 May 2015 Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop over the Belle Isle
Bank Friday morning as a trough of low pressure moves east of the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: