Issued 03:30 PM NDT 28 July 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind south 20 knots veering to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind southwest 10 to 15 Saturday.
Showers ending Saturday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5410W to 4615N 5400W to 4615N 5245W to 4800N 4845W to 5145N
4745W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 28 July 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Anticosti Island.
By 3:30 a.m. NDT Saturday quasi-stationary trough located over
Gulf - Port au Port.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located over the southeastern
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: