Issued 08:00 PM NDT 27 April 2017
Tonight and Friday
Wind east 10 to 15 knots veering to southeast 15 late overnight.
Freezing rain or ice pellets changing to rain or freezing rain Friday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong
ice pressure in southwestern sections today easing overnight.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5700W to 4245N 5500W to 4230N 4535W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4500W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr Quebec near 5021N 6239W to
Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti Island near
4910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 27 April 2017 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over southern Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over eastern Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:23 PM NDT 27 April 2017 Marine interests are advised that all freezing spray warnings have
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: