Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 28 February 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 20 knots veering to west 15 late overnight then diminishing to light Sunday morning. Wind becoming southwest 15 Sunday evening.
Low tonight minus 17. High Sunday minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 February 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4550N 5640W to 4730N 5730W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of grey ice except 9 plus tenths of grey-white ice
including 4 tenths of first-year ice near Miscou Island and near
Prince Edward Island.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 28 February 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located over the East Coast of the
U.S. extending eastward.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday building ridge located over Georges Bank
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 PM AST 28 February 2015 Strong northwest winds combined with cold temperatures will continue
to bring freezing spray over some regions.
Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: