Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 17 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 20 to 25 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 late this evening then increasing to northwest 25 early Saturday morning. Wind veering to northerly 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon then diminishing to northerly 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
A few showers beginning this evening and ending early Saturday morning.
Temperatures plus 4 falling to minus 1 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 April 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6100W to 4440N 5755W
to 4510N 5700W to 4645N 5655W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland near
4720N 5515W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except consolidated first-year ice on parts of the
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 April 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 17 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located south of the Marine
At 9:00 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located southwest of Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:27 PM ADT 17 April 2015 Outlook for the start up of the eastern shore lobster fishery.
Saturday..Winds northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10
to 15 in the afternoon then veering to northerly 15 to 20 in the
Sunday..Winds northeast 15 to 20 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 in
Monday..Winds variable 10 to 15 knots.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: