Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 03:00 AM AST 19 December 2014
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 30 to 35 knots diminishing to north 25 to 30 early this morning and to northeast 15 Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to light Saturday afternoon.
Periods of snow ending late this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 5 Saturday evening.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 December 2014 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4605N 6345W to Prince Edward Island near 4615N 6340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4630N 6320W to 4810N 6420W to Quebec near 4800N 6520W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4900N 6700W to 4930N 6700W to 5010N 6540W to Anticosti Island near 4930N 6340W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Anticosti Island near 4955N 6400W to 5000N 6000W to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Ice free except 3 tenths of new ice on parts of the shores.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 03:00 AM AST 19 December 2014
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 19 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 994 mb located over eastern Prince
By 3:30 p.m. AST today low 986 mb located northeast of Newfoundland.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM AST 19 December 2014
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: