Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 10:00 AM AST 21 February 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to north 10 to 15 near noon and to light late this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 10 to 15 near midnight and to south 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind veering to southwest 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon then diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Chance of flurries overnight.
Temperatures minus 13 rising to minus 1 Wednesday afternoon then falling to minus 6 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5955W to 4705N
6000W to 4820N 6110W to 5000N 5815W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
8 tenths of new ice including 2 tenths of grey ice except 9 plus
tenths of grey-white ice along the southeastern shore of Chaleur Bay
and in the extreme northeastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today quasi-stationary low located southeast of
At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday quasi-stationary ridge located from
Newfoundland to Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM AST 21 February 2017 A low pressure system southeast of Laurentian Fan will intensify
And remain nearly stationary through the forecast period. Meanwhile
A ridge will approach the Maritimes from Quebec today. Strong to
gale force winds are forecast over southern waters today and
Wednesday between these two features. Elsewhere winds will diminish
in the vicinity of the ridge.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: