Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 March 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots veering to west 15 to 20 after midnight then to northwest 20 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 25 Saturday evening.
A few flurries beginning this evening and ending late overnight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 2 falling to minus 7 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6005W to 4510N 5930W
to 4610N 5825W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
4 tenths of grey ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice except 9
tenths of first-year ice along the southeastern shore east of
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 March 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from Laurentian Fan to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing ridge located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located from Anticosti Island to
the Bay of Fundy.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM ADT 24 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow of air will give freezing spray to Gulf
waters on Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: