Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 29 July 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind light becoming southeast 15 knots early Thursday evening.
Chance of showers late this evening.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 July 2015
Friday Wind southeast 20 knots.
Saturday Wind southwest 20 knots.
Sunday Wind light increasing to southeast 20 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 29 July 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening trough located on a line
north-south over eastern Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight approaching ridge located over eastern
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight intensifying low 989 mb located over
southeastern Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday departing low 995 mb located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM ADT 29 July 2015 A low pressure system near the southeastern corner of Laurentian Fan
will track into the Southwestern Grand Banks overnight and lie east
of Banquereau by Thursday morning. The system will then gradually
weaken and move slowly eastward later in the day. Strong to gale
force northerlies are expected over eastern waters from this system
with storm force winds expected over the southeastern half of
Laurentian Fan near the low center.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - eastern half while gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan - western half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: