Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 March 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots increasing to north 30 this morning then diminishing to north 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
A few flurries ending this afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray overnight and Friday morning.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4505N 6020W
to 4500N 5905W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
1 tenth of grey ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice east of Miscou
Island and along the southeastern coast of Chaleur Bay.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today deepening low 998 mb located over Laurentian
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight deepening low 963 mb located over the
southern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the western Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM ADT 30 March 2017 A low pressure system will continue to intensify today as it moves
eastward to lie over the Southern Grand Banks by this evening. Strong
to gale northeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to gale to storm
north or northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect
for Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, West Scotian
Slope, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait,
Northumberland Strait-eastern half, Gulf-Magdalen and
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: