Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 PM NST 18 December 2014
Tonight and Friday
Wind southwest 15 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight then increasing to north 30 Friday morning.
A few flurries Friday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 6 rising to minus 3 to zero Friday morning.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 December 2014 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from northern peninsula near 5020N 5625W to 5025N 5555W to 5140N 5520W to 5140N 5550W to 5120N 5650W to northern peninsula near 5100N 5705W. Sea ice south of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5215N 5540W to 5310N 5430W to 5635N 6005W to 5810N 6115W to 5825N 6100W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths of grey ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice along the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 December 2014
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast near 5330N 5605W to 5330N 5230W to 5600N 5230W to 6000N 5600W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 19 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NST today departing low located east of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 991 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday low 980 mb located southeast of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today dissipating ridge located on a line east-west
over the South Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM NST 18 December 2014 A low pressure system near Prince Edward Island will track
northeastward across Newfoundland on Friday morning. Strong to gale
force northerlies will develop over southernmost waters ahead of this
system late in the day on Friday.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
South Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale, North Labrador
Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: