Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 30 March 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southeast 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray ending near noon Tuesday.
Temperatures minus 7 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5145N 4835W to 5450N 5225W to
5630N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year
ice including a trace of old ice in extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4215W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and southIssued 09:30 AM NDT 30 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 979 mb located southeast
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing ridge located north of the
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NDT 30 March 2015 A trough of low pressure over the South Labrador Sea will stall today
and tonight then slowly track northward to lie over the Northwest
Labrador Sea by Tuesday evening. Over northern waters, strong to gale
force easterly winds will develop Tuesday morning ahead of the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale
and south, North Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea - southern half,
Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: