Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 29 March 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5235W to 4655N 4740W
to 4730N 4650W to 5210N 5100W to 5535N 5220W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5700W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4726N 5300W to 4515N 4900W to 4515N 4600W to 4700N 4330W to 5000N
4330W to 5145N 4530W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4856N 5830W to Quebec near 5012N 6039W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 29 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over northern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:39 PM NDT 29 March 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half, Northwest Labrador Sea,
and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: