Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 28 March 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northwest 25 knots.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5235W to 4655N 4740W
to 4730N 4650W to 5210N 5100W to 5535N 5220W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5700W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong
ice pressure in the pack ice today easing Tuesday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5259W to 4630N 4700W to 4715N 4400W to 5000N 4400W to 5145N
4545W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4856N 5830W to Quebec near 5012N 6039W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 March 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 978 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low located southeast of the
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM NDT 28 March 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: