Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 04:00 PM NST 29 January 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to west 15 this evening and to light after midnight. Wind becoming south 15 Friday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 22 to minus 14.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5035N 5000W to 5400N 5055W to 5545N 5515W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of grey-white ice including 3 tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 29 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5000N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5200N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NST 29 January 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 29 January 2015 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over Labrador Sea.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located east of the Marine District.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today high located over Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday high 1025 mb located southeast of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM NST 29 January 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: