Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 27 March 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 20 Saturday morning. Wind backing to southwest 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
Flurries ending Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 4 falling to minus 12 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4650N
4510W to 4900N 4500W to 4930N 4730W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4715N 4230W to 5000N
4300W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and southIssued 09:30 AM NDT 27 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 994 mb located south of Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 990 mb located southeast of the Marine
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today intensifying trough located over the South
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located over the South Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 AM NDT 27 March 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: