Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 30 March 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southeast 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending near noon.
Temperatures minus 15 to minus 7 rising to minus 2 near noon then falling to minus 7 overnight. Temperatures rising to minus 2 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5215N 4835W to 5310N 5105W to
5435N 5145W to 5550N 5545W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year
ice including a trace of old ice in extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4830W to 4430N 4730W to 4645N 4145W to 4945N
4215W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and southIssued 04:00 AM NDT 30 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 982 mb located south of Greenland.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 979 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the North Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing ridge located north of the
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM NDT 30 March 2015 A low pressure system south of Greenland will continue to move away
from the marine district this morning. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over the East Labrador Sea in the wake of this
feature will diminish this morning.
Meanwhile, a trough of low pressure will develop over the Central
Labrador Sea Tuesday morning and will slowly track northward to lie
over the Northwest Labrador Sea Tuesday evening. Over northern
waters, strong to gale force easterly winds will develop Tuesday
morning ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea -
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale
and south, North Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea - southern half,
the Northwest Labrador Sea and the East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: