Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 PM NST 12 February 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 25 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4810N 4955W
to 5145N 5010W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 12 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4415N 4915W to 4415N 4715W to 4700N 4500W to 4745N
4515W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5041N 5918W to Newfoundland near 4952N 5749W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and southIssued 9:30 PM NST 12 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 12 February 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary low 984 mb located over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough from 984 mb low
located on a line east-west over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM NST 12 February 2016 A low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will remain
quasi - stationary for the remainder of the forecast period. Strong
to gale force easterlies are expected north of the low while gale to
storm force northwesterlies are forecast west of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale, North Labrador Coast, South
Labrador Sea - northwestern half, the Northwest Labrador Sea -
northwestern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: