Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 28 March 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 20 to 25 this afternoon then veering to northwest 20 Sunday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 9.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4705N
4530W to 4845N 4500W to 4930N 4645W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year
ice including a trace of old ice in extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4830W to 4430N 4730W to 4700N 4200W to 4945N
4245W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5820W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NDT 28 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 993 mb located over Hudson Strait.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday low 987 mb located over the East Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday ridge located on a line east-west over
Belle Isle Bank.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing trough located southeast of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 AM NDT 28 March 2015 A low pressure system over the Hudson Strait will move eastward today
to lie over the East Labrador Sea Sunday morning. As this low deepens
over the Labrador Sea Sunday, strong to gale force northwesterlies
will develop over the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea - northern half, Northwest Labrador Sea and East
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: