Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 22 February 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 20 knots except north 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming northwest 20 this evening then increasing to northwest 30 late overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Thursday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 13 to minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4750N 5300W to 4740N 5000W
to 4830N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5500N 5200W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year
ice including a trace of old ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5247W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4500W to 4700N 4500W to 5030N
4600W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5111N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5726W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 22 February 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 998 mb located over the Mid Labrador
By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday weakening low 995 mb located southeast
of Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 12:08 PM NST 22 February 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: