Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 18 April 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind light becoming west 10 to 15 knots late overnight.
Temperatures minus 13 to minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 April 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4840N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 4700N 4600W to
4800N 4530W to 4830N 4800W to 5030N 4830W to 5520N 5330W to 5600N
5630W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3645W to 4700N
3645W to 5000N 3800W to 5130N 3900W to 6000N 5600W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 18 April 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary low 993 mb located
southeast of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 999 mb located east of Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NDT 18 April 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the Mid Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: